The Mount Clan

The Mount Clan
Thanksgiving 2008

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fishing With My Nine Year Old Grandson Logan Silva


I picked up Logan last Wednesday from school and took him fishing at Lake Tara near our home. Logan got a new fishing pole for Christmas and wanted to go fishing with his grandpa. The first hour was spent teach Logan how to cast. We didn't get any bits and I wondered what we were doing wrong. Then a retired Japanese man drove up on his motorcycle with fishing poles. I introduce ourselves to him and asked him if he could show us how to fish this lake. What a great guy! He uses a particular bait called "Waxy Worm" and a very small hook. I setup our poles with the worms and hook and we started catching fish right away. We had so much fun. Logan caught four fish and I caught two. It got very cold and late in the day so we said good my to our new friend. Logan took the fish home and asked his mother to cook them even though Logan don't like to eat fish. Logan can't wait to go fish with his grandpa again.

No comments:

Post a Comment